As COVID 19 pandemic hit the country, it’s been a hard time for students and the working population. Even though the guidelines clearly mention ‘no forceful eviction’, many PG owners are requesting their occupants to consolidate into one facility. The owner wanted to club all the occupants together so that management of the facility became easier. For those who are still staying in co-living spaces need to strictly follow the coronavirus advisories.
In the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, those opting for PG units, would be acutely conscious of the level of hygiene, maintenance, safety measures and social distancing that the operator offers.
PG for Girls and co-living accommodations must maintain highest level of hygiene, overcrowding of rooms and common areas is strictly prohibited and they cannot forcefully evict occupants citing pandemic as a reason.
Some of the common health regulations that landowners and hostellers need to keep in mind are:
- Using sanitizers after coming back to the PG premises.
- Wear a face mask as much as possible particularly when in close contact with other people.
- Follow the 2+2 rule issued by the government. It means that at least a 2-meter distance must be maintained between people in public spaces, and no more than two people may be together in a public place.
- In case you wait for corona virus test results or your test is positive, you need to stay in your room in order to prevent further spread of the virus. All tenants, who share the room and flat with someone who is ill, need to stay inside as well.
- Sanitizer in all common areas for you to disinfect your hands when entering and exiting.
- 50% bed reduction to give more space in the rooms.
- Wash your hands at regular intervals and after every visit to the toilet, sneezing, or coughing
- When sneezing or coughing please do so into a tissue or toilet paper and dispose of appropriately
- Do not Hide any symptoms if you feel ill in any way, let us know and we will ensure to protect you and others with our pre-planned procedures.
- The owner of PG accommodation should have all the relevant information (Aadhaar card/passport/driving license, etc.) of all the paying guests who are staying.
- All new entrants/returnees should be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- All the rooms, bathrooms, washrooms, kitchens, common areas and exteriors of the PG accommodation building should be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Once a confirmed case is detected in PG accommodation, the district health authorities should be informed and helped in carrying out contact listing and tracking.
- All the contacts of the confirmed case as listed by health authorities should be quarantined.